Wednesday, March 23, 2011

an award? :) YAY!

Yay!  It's always fun to hear that your bloggy blog got an award! :)

Libby over at the ELF blog gave me this cute, (yummy looking ;) award!



In order for me to accept this loveliness, I have to share three things that I love about myself, a photo and award this to a few other very cute, very deserving bloggers.  :)

So, three things I love about myself:
  •  I'm a pretty good cook... and most of what I make or have made, I've learned on my own by trial and error ;)... when Ryan and I first got married, we had mac and cheese for dinner at least a few times a week.  It was when we had Maeve, that I decided I really needed to figure this whole cooking thing out.  While I'm not comfortable (or very good) at working with a lot of different meats, we've definitely expanded our menu.  This week we've had chicken enchiladas, baked ziti and chicken pot pie.  I am also a big breakfast cooker.  I usually make the kids muffins or pancakes at least a few times out of the week.  I love the feeling of feeding my family yummy food that makes them happy :)
  • I'm frugal :)  I like to save money on normal every day things (such as groceries, clothing- I shop at 2nd hand stores, toiletries, etc.) and spend the saved money on vacations :)  It may not be the greatest financial move, but the memories we're making are worth more than the nicest car, house or clothes in the world :)
  • I love my healthy appetite :) haha!  That's for sure... 

Okay... here's the photo I would like to share:

ahhhh sweet HAWAII :)  This was on our honeymoon... we had the most amazing time... and have I mentioned lately that I am so completely in love with the greatest guy on earth?  I love looking back at "old" pictures of us... I thought I loved Ryan so much on our wedding day (and yes, of course, I DID!) but through the years, making a family with him, seeing him hold our babies, wrestle with Mr. H, read stories to MaeMae, I love him more than ever.... :)  It's true what they say, that love just grows and grows with time.  :)

Okay... and the 2 bloggers I'd like to pass this award on to, are not only super bloggers, but they're also good friends :)  These are blogs that I read daily and that are updated with lots of pictures and funny stories. 

Manda over at The MiniVan Diaries
Leslie over at The Story Of Us

Great job blogging ladies! 


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments: