- My "baby" is WALKING. No more Mogli crawl for him! :(
- Maeve has quite the imagination.... she's been talking to a "friend" for a few weeks now- its a little " The Shining-ish" but its kind of cute. Last night I caught her talking, and she was asking if "it" wanted a hot dog or chicken. I asked "Who are you talking to?" And she said, "My shadow." (like from Peter Pan.)
- And I'm not sure who can take credit for this next story- but it cracks me up. Maeve had her little friend R, over yesterday. They had been sharing a box of cereal (yeah I know, I had this coming) next thing we (Leslie and I) knew, the girls had dumped the box of chex into a shopping cart, plopped a flamingo stuffed animal on top of it, and informed us that the flamingo was hatching its eggs. Oh the imaginations of three year olds! :) These moments are priceless- definitely worth a few minutes of vacuuming up chex :)
- I have been a lazy cook this week. I don't think I even want to go there. Blah.
- I had a long talk with my sister, Meghan, yesterday, and, like always, was in awe of her faith and maturity. She has grown by leaps and bounds- she is such a neat person- and not because she's my sister- but anyone who's blessed enough to be a part of her life, knows that she is just awesome. (Emily you are too.... don't get jealous little one:)
- I wonder how many times this will be part of my leftovers- but Maeve is still refusing the potty. It kind of makes my stomach hurt to think about it.... She is THREE. She remembers the tiniest of details- she forgets nothing- yet, she only has about one day out of the entire week where she shows interest in the potty. BLAH.
- Have I mentioned how much I love Maeve & Henry's age gap? Right now they're playing with coasters and ornaments (yeah, not toys...) on the floor, allowing me to blog :)
- ohhhhh sigh.... I miss my parents. Last night we went to the Jackson night lights, and I thought how much more fun it would be if prior to the lights, we had gone out for dinner with my fam, and then piled into the Honda to look at the lights. I just miss that. :(
- It is blowing my mind the differences between Maeve and Henry- meaning, true to their gender (and I'm not getting into a gender argument here)- Maeve loves anything princess, pretty and pink. Henry wants BALLS and blocks. Maeve will seperate all the blocks into different colored piles and Henry will come through, like the little Godzilla he is, and just start throwing them. (He likes destruction in any shape or form.) And sometimes, when I'm getting really desperate for him to be off my hip (yeah, he's still my hip child), I'll get a ball and roll it across the room- and he goes to
fetchget it. :)
- Ryan stayed home from work 2 days this week to help out with some appointments I had. He is a FAR better housekeeper than me. I'd leave, with the house looking like a pit, and come back to the washer running, dishes being put away, floors swept, etc. Dang.
- I used to enjoy watching "Rudolph" and "Santa is Coming to Town"- but for the past week they've been on repeat (we have the DVD's) and I might be throwing them out the window today.
- Ughhhh does it irk anyone else when you buy fresh produce, and you literally can see it rotting away? Wasted money.
That's all I have for this edition of "Friday Night Leftovers."
Happy weekend :)