Sunday, October 31, 2010

late night whispers.

Me: "Ryan..."

Ryan: "Yeah?"

Me: "Are you asleep?"

Ryan: "Nope."

Me: "Me neither. Hey do you think we want the same things?"

Ryan: "What?"

Me: "Do you think we have the same goals in life? Like we both want to end up in the same place?"

Ryan: "Are you talking about Florida?"

Me: "Yeah, Florida and other things. Like how many kids do you want? And what kind of house do you see us in? Ya know, like are our priorities the same?"

Ryan: "I think." (Ryan, at this point is praying that my klonopin and unisom will kick in asap...)

Me: "I want a single story house because I hate vacuuming stairs. Even if we have like,6 kids- I still want a single story house. They can share bedrooms. Wouldn't that be so cute if we had 3 girls and 3 boys and they shared bedrooms?"

Ryan: "Yeah."

Me: "I don't think I'll ever buy new things again... even if we have a lot of money. I think its a waste. I like the idea of recycling clothes and reusing baby stuff, ya know?"

Ryan: "Yeah."

Me: "The only thing that really matters to me is that we can give our kids experiences. Ya know?"

Ryan: "Yeah."

Me: "I don't care if they have brand new shoes and I don't ever want Maeve to own a purse that costs more than 25 bucks. I want them to value experiences. How do you think we can get our kids to put value in people and places rather than things... ya know?"

Ryan: "Stop buying them stuff."

Me: "Oh. But you agree with Florida, the one story house and 6 kids right?"

Ryan: "Yeah."

Me: "Okay, good. We're on the same page."


.... late night musings with Ryan :) Always entertaining, even when I'm talking to myself :)

1 comment:

k and j said...

you guy's are cute :)