Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Call me a traditionalist...

But THIS IS SO NOT RIGHT. TLC has been airing "Sister Wives" for 4 weeks now- I thought I'd give it a chance- after all, I remember thinking the Duggars would be a bunch of crazy nuts (and yeah, they're a tad crazy) but I ended up falling in love with the show and really respecting their family and their dedication to God.

SO... when I saw that TLC was coming out with a new reality series, I was all over it. I set up a series recording and settled in last night to watch four episodes.

One word was flashing through my head: SICK. Wait- no there were two words: SICK/WRONG.

I have found myself lately in the "to each their own" state of mind... but this just blew my mind. And no pun intended, but this was definitely NOT a "to each their own" kind of a sitch.

My tick list of disturbing things:

-the creepy husband, Kody. I mean, plain and simple- he's like a lizard.

-the season finale where Robyn "married" Kody- and before he left for his honeymoon with her, kissed his other 3 "wives" goodbye.

-hygiene- I mean, I'm sure they don't have STD's or anything, but what about "sloppy seconds?" I'll just leave it at that. Blahhh.

-the wives' eagerness to please that lizard. (did you see the part about how he doesn't like pepper on his eggs?)

-the sister wives' wedding shower present to Robyn (the new wife). "Here is a survival kit to take care of our husband."

-to be honest, the whole dang thing creeps me out.

SO...that's my opinion on it... what's yours?


6 comments:

Angie B said...

haha i have been watching, its RIDICULOUS!!! like even besides their so called "faith" how can any woman be ok with their husband being with other women....that is just sick and wrong and weird...they are brainwashed..... i always thought there was something not right with those ppl interviewd in poligamist relationships............ ya dont get me started i feel the same way as u haha

jbg2ryaex said...

I don't watch it because it is sick, and against my morals. plain and simple! They allow things like this on tv. dirty filthy things. and don't allow Bibles in school. It's pathetic!

Emilie said...

OMG!! I Watched 2 episodes and was totally turned off ... I was almost sick and pissed! HA! I try to stay pretty open to new/different beliefs, life styles and so on. But I just could NOT take that show... or that Kody guy....

k and j said...

i won't watch it..siiick. and they live in my damn state i think....like 3 hours from here. gahhh!

Leslie Collins said...

no thanks! not for me. i cannot even imagine.

Brianna Richardson said...

I can't lie..im kind of addicted to that show. NOT that I support it..more because I just sit there with my mouth hanging open wondering why women disrespect themselves so much that they would be in that sort of a relationship...it seriously blows my mind...