Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas At a Glance.

This is such a slacker post- the bulk will be filled with pictures, not words. Basically, I'm beat. Call me "Scrooge" but I'm glad Christmas is over. Ryan and I spent ALL day Saturday tearing down our Christmas decor (including the tree) and it feels great to have a clutter free home again. Yes, we had an incredible Christmas as a family of 4. I slept with both of my babies on Christmas eve (Ryan was putting together a stack of toys out in the living room and I was lonely. So I stayed up for awhile watching "A Christmas Story" while holding both Maeve and Henry. It was divine! But let me clarify- I didn't actually SLEEP with both of them- Henry slept in the bassinet and Maeve made her way back into the crib around 3 or so). Christmas morning went too fast. It seems like I spent a heck of a lot of time shopping, wrapping and arranging for it to be over in a half an hour. Hmmm... As usual, Maeve AND Henry were completely spoiled by the family. Ryan and I asked ourselves later on in the evening why we even bothered buying them gifts... because now we have ourselves our very own "Toys R' Us." Really- its nuts. Highlights from the day include Henry taking a bottle from Auntie Em and giving me a MUCH needed break from nursing!!! Maeve riding on her "Giddy up & go" pony... Hearing my mother in law sing to the "Beatles" rock band thing...Playing "Elefun"... Ryan tossing Maeve in the air for a good solid hour... Maeve putting on her new "pretty-fulls"(aka bracelets, necklaces) and showing them to all who would look. My brain is on overload at the moment and I'm sure we had a lot more heartwarming moments- its a good thing I took a thousand pics! I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours was- we certainly feel blessed, loved and ready to start the new year.










2 comments:

Angie B said...

yaya so much fun! i loved this first christmas (and bday!) with drew :)

k and j said...

Love all of it! We took all of our Christmas stuff down the day after too. LOL. I was over it.