Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Please Tell Me...

*DISCLAIMER!*
Now, before all of you nursing maniacs shoot me- DO KNOW that I AM breastfeeding and am planning on continuing! :)

With that said, I really dislike breastfeeding. Really. I hate wearing those nursing pads- they stink and make it look like I stuff my bra. I am now making a good amount of milk (meaning, Henry is keeping up with it- not overproducing- not under producing) yet, every time I feed him there are a good couple of minutes of milk spraying everywhere and Henry sputtering and choking on it. Also, each nursing session is taking about 30-45 minutes. It's sweet as can be to watch Henry enjoy his milk, but my GOSH, I feel like my life lately has been spent sitting with a boob hanging out. Not ideal. I wish I could be one of those moms who just embraces nursing and wants to nurse for years. Nope- not me. I am on a countdown. I am trying to make it to 6 months- if its going better by then, I MIGHT go a year. Who knows. Anyways, I thought I would vent and get that off of my chest (ooooh no pun intended!)

Tell me the honest truth- do you really LIKE breastfeeding?

5 comments:

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

Hang in there...you're doing a great thing. I had completely different experiences with each of my kids, but at the end of the day, I enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, it was a struggle to make it to 6 months, but by that time, they aren't nursing as much and I introduced cereal too, so if I wasn't working fulltime I think I would've nursed a little longer. Good luck!

k and j said...

I don't LOVE nursing but it really doesn't bother me at all. TRY to go to a year, just try! See if Henry will do it :) I will go as long as Nolan wants to! LOL. But NO I don't love it.

jennifer said...

Honestly, no, I really didn't care for it. It was best for baby, so I kept it up and then cried when they weaned (weird, I know). But I don't miss it.

Becky said...

people can think i'm horrible for saying this...but i hated it..HATED IT. I know it is good for the baby but i hate the nursing pads, i hated that no store/building/office had proper breastfeeding rooms and i wasn't one to just pop it out everywhere i went....i also didn't produce enough which made it difficult and i had other issues..but anyway, no i didn't like it but i did it for the baby as long as i could.

amj said...

i thought nursing was way easier than anything else. we never did bottles though so i really dont know what that would have been like. i couldnt imagine getting up in the middle of the night to deal with bottles though. rolling over was just too easy. but by 2.5, i was totally over nursing. i really wanted to let her lead weaning but when we hit 2.5 i cringed every time she started nursing so i had to wean her. it was nice to start to feel like i had my body back....i can remember those feelings. nursing is a great thing but yeah, it can get tiresome to say the least...