Thursday, October 8, 2009

33 Week Appt.

Same old, same old. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm super swollen- "PUFFY" is what the nurse called it. I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead (OMG... why won't they just change my due date???) Even the doc wasn't sure on the baby's position... he is the 3rd medical professional in a row who can't tell me how the heck that baby is laying in there.
The doc. wants me to start monitoring my blood pressure at home (great...) and he talked a LOT with me about warning signs for pre-e. It's pretty scary stuff... On a good note, no protien in my urine and today my BP was fine. Apparently though, when you're as swollen as me (haha) it can spike and become really dangerous. So I've got to keep an eye on that.
After Dr. P told me he had me measuring 2 weeks ahead still I asked him if he thought I would be able to deliver a big baby. And he said we'll have to wait until the "moment of truth"- meaning when I am in the midst of pushing. I wasn't too happy with that answer. I remember how desperate I was when I was pushing Maeve out and she was SO TINY!!! I'm afraid that this one is going to get stuck and I'll end up with a C-section. I wish they'd do an u/s already to get a weight on this guy! I need to know what I'm dealing with here :) haha :)
I go back in 2 weeks and THEN my appts. come once a week! WOW. I can't believe it- for so long now I've been wanting to be DONE DONE DONE (and I still do want to be done) but now that its getting closer I'm starting to get really scared about the delivery. Really, my big fear is that this baby will be too big for me and I will have to have a c-section (and an emergency one at that). I keep telling myself the only thing that matters is a healthy baby & mom- and if that means c-section, then so be it.


Here's a pic of me at 33 weeks...

3 comments:

k and j said...

I think you look fa girl! You WILL be able to get him out. The second time is wayyy easier. I bet he's not that big. You probably just have a lot of fluid. I had CRAZY amounts of fluid, my doctor about crapped himself! So I had a lot of fluid AND a nine pound flippin baby! I bet he will be a little guy :)

k and j said...

FAB not Fa LOL

Angie B said...

u look great and i am prayin!