Tuesday, September 15, 2009

sooooo I did it.

I got the "regular" seasonal flu shot. And prior to my appointment I was having some MAJOR anxiety. Thoughts were flying left and right over whether it was the right thing to do or not. But in the end, I decided to go for it. I asked the nurse who administered the shot to me if she had seen a lot of preggos getting the shot, and she said A TON. Apparently the OB's in town are definitely recommending it. Does that make it right or okay? Who knows... but all I can live with is that I'm doing my best- or rather, I'm doing what I think is best. It's scary to have to take meds or be vaccinated with anything while pregnant, and I hope I never have to do it again... the unknowns are killing me but I've gotta keep the faith!



****Okay this is completely, and I mean COMPLETELY off subject, but if you go to THIS website, and type in your email on the right hand side of the screen where it says "join the newsletter/get a coupon" you will receive a coupon in your email for a FREE box of any snikiddy snack. I printed 6 off and redeemed them at Toys R Us today- I got the chocolate chip cookies and they were totally, completely free. No tax- NOTHIN'! AND the best part? They have no preservatives, are made with 100% whole grain and taste great! Maeve ate probably 10 on the way home :) And I didn't feel guilty about giving them to her because of their "nutritional" value :) Happy shopping...

No comments: