Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's Worse Than Feces?

VOMIT. Last night, Maeve was coughing a bunch and I kept getting up to check on her, she was fine- curled up in a ball, just coughing every once in awhile. Around 6 or so, I heard her coughing and then I heard what sounded like liquid splashing- I was a bit out of it because I had woken up to this, but since I had been in and out of bed all night checking on Maeve I kicked Ryan awake to go and check on her. In the meantime I fell back asleep, assuming all was well since Ryan hadn't said anything...

Later this morning, (like around 8 or so) I woke up with Maeve next to me- strange, since I usually get her out of her crib in the mornings. Ryan had made breakfast (YEA!!!!) so we went out to eat and he told me that last night when he went in to check on Maeve, her face was down in the sheets, with her hands on either side of her face and she had puked!!! I was like WHAT?????????? Why didn't you get me???? He said he just gave her a bath, changed her and put her back into bed with me... so that left the question about her bed- yeah- I won't post a pic of that, because its way too nasty but needless to say, I would rather clean up poop than puke. I also told him I'd rather clean up the actual CHILD than the bed, so in the future, get me up, have me take the sick kid and give them a bath, etc. while HE cleans the bed/carpet, etc. UGH anyways her bedroom door has been shut all morning... I'm hoping eventually Ryan will just take care of it- it stinks so bad!!!! And thats what boys are for anyways... to take care of the gross stuff. :) haha...

Well not sure what's going on with Maeve- if that was a one time deal or what- because she ate toast this morning without a problem and she's been her normal, wild, crazy self. I'm crossing my fingers that its NOT the stomach flu, but rather something she ate last night that didn't agree with her tummy. I guess today will tell...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's crazy same thing for Max, but he puked in my bed!! What a awful night! We went to bed at 1:00 Max woke up at 2:30 played in our bed until like 4:00 (driving me crazy) and then finally fell asleep and threw up around 5ish. So Tim and I are very tired to say the least!! We just came down and spent the rest of our morning watching cartoons with Max until the other kids got up around7. I'm so stinkin tired!!

All of my kids would throw up if they had alot of flem and a cough!! Harrison was the worst when he was little any little cough would make him puke!! YUCK!! Max is fine this morning too, I think it was just the flem gagging him! Liv had strep throat so I'm a little nervous I think I might take him to the med station today...another YUCK!!