Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Nights Lead to Monday Mornings...

That's why I'm not a huge fan of Sundays. Its like a teaser or something... a day to do absolutely nothing, but if you're anything like me, there are a million and one things that are floating through your head about things that need to be done... this week pretty much marks the beginning of judging season for me. I have a meet tomorrow, Wed. and Saturday... and it pretty much goes like that for 2 months straight. Judging is such a double edged sword for me- I love it, I love the money and more importantly, I like being a part of the high school gymnastics "scene." Its fun staying involved with the sport and I LOVE my judging friends, everyone from Suzie (who is my age) to Doris and Brenda (who are not so close in age to me :). But the driving makes me super nervous- especially when its bad out- but even when its not snowing here (WAIT- when is it NOT snowing here????) I don't see great at night time... so its always a relief to arrive home safe and sound. And then of course, there are the late hours- I tried to take most of my meets here in Jackson, so MOST judging nights I should be home around 8:30 or so. But tomorrow for instance, I believe I'm in Saline and that means I won't be home until 9:30 :( I totally miss out on Maeve's bath, bedtime routine and my FAVORITE time of the day, dinner with Ryan and Maeve.

Oh- Maeve's "stomach flu" I don't think is really the "flu." I am pretty sure she ate too many blueberries- something I didn't disclose to you this morning, was that her puke was purple- I mean neon purple- I was thinking and racking my brain all day trying to come up with what the heck she ate that could've made her vomit that color. Then tonight, we had dinner at my parents and we were talking about the puking incident and my mom told me that the purple color was probably from the blueberries- I was like "AHA! YES!" It has to be that- yesterday morning when we went over to say good bye to Aunt Meg, my mom was eating blueberries and Maeve was eating them like it was her job. One after the other- I even said to STOP feeding her them because they were going to give her the runs. Well, no on the runs, but they did make an appearance out the other end. :( So yup, I think its safe to say we found the culprit to both the color and cause of her episode.

Ohhhh want to hear something AWESOME?????? We were planning on another trip to Disney World in September '09, but we found this amaaaaaaazing deal to Sanibel Island, FL. It's the week of my birthday (in September) and it includes hotel, airfare and car rental (6 days, 7 nights). The best part??? TOTAL cost of the trip is $785 bucks!!!!!!! And if you book with NWA.com vacay packages you only have to put a deposit down on the trip- so for those of you who aren't like super rich like us (JOKE JOKE JOKE) you don't have to come up with 800 bucks on the spot for a vacation! You just have to put a deposit down, and then make payments... pretty cool! :) So we're planning on doing that... CAN'T WAIT!

Oh and I know I'm irritating people by saying this in every blog post, but since its my blog I will continue to say it :) I HATE the snow and its driving me mad. God bless the sunshine and warmth that will soon greet me in Florida. I've been finding some sweeeeeet deals on adorable summer things for Maeve- but I bought up a few things for our upcoming trip to FL that I cannot WAIT to put her in :) The poor babe hates it here- I know it, I can feel it- she hates wearing socks, shoes, hats, coats and layers... who DOES like to wear that stuff??? I think its liberating for her in Florida to be "allowed" to be barefoot and free. :) ohhhhhhhh counting down the days....

Well here's to a good, safe week!

6 comments:

Mallory said...

So, so jealous you have 3 (4? wedding too?)ish Florida vacations coming up! Ahhhh I wish I had the time/money/ability to escape Michigan and the slavery of school! I've only been back down there ONCE in seven years. Crazy huh? Also, since I'm so behind on your posts... I LOVE your sledding pictures, even though the event doesn't sound so fun and I also envy your ability to admit your regrets b/c I'm not that strong so mad props to you girl! love to you all! Hope Mae is feeling better!

Allison said...

have you been to Sanibel before?

Jessica Perry said...

Do you know where (online) I can find the Western gymnastics schedule? I've tried looking on their website and cannot find it. I would love to make it to a meet or two. I would still like to know about the judging process. I had them send me info last winter but it looked overwhelming to learn. Is is difficult to learn everything? Did you start out just sitting next to judges and watching them?

Unknown said...

yeah we used to go to Sanibel all the time (when I was little) my mom grew up practically on Marco Island which is right near Sanibel... so yup I've been there- Ryan hasn't though.

Jess- I sent you a private message on facebook about judging! :)

Allison said...

okay I was just wondering! i was there back in hs and I just remember it being very desolate I guess you could say...maybe the beach I visited was just that way but I thought it was particularly "quiet" on the beaches. We hadjust gone over there from ft myers to have dinner though. Have fun!

Unknown said...

sometimes "quiet" and "desolate" are good things :) Certainly things we'd be looking for in September :)