Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Should Get An Award For This :)




Okay please don't be too harsh about these- I watched "Jon & Kate..." today and it was all about her tummy tucking surgery. And I figured if she can bare her dog "jowls" to the world, I can show my tummy to my friends and fellow bloggers. These were taken gosh, maybe 4 months pp? I weigh almost exactly the same as when those were taken (mid 120s) so... its sad- I know I will never be able to wear a 2 piece again. But they're my battle scars from pregnancy, and really, they're memories. I run my fingers over the yucky bumps and remember when my belly was stretched out to the street, and how when Maeve would push her little bum up it would pop my belly button out even farther. Or when Ryan would spend hours (literally!) at night rubbing that dang "stretch mark remedy" (YEAH RIGHT) cream all over my belly. He would also get ice cubes and run them up and down all over my stretch marks because the buggers hurt! Those are memories I wouldn't trade for the world, and definitely not for a better tummy. I DO plan on doing some sit ups and ab stuff eventually (I haven't done A sit up since birth!!!!)- I walk or ride my bike EVERY single day and like I've said in previous blogs, our family is really on the whole organic, healthy eating train. SO I am hoping that by my birthday ( mid September) that my tummy will look waaayyy better and I will have lost the last 8-10 lbs. I have lost a little bit of weight over the past few weeks from biking, walking and eating good food :) But its probably water weight. My goal before I have the next babe is to be UNDER 120. Whether thats 119 or whatever, I don't care- just under 120! So I will continue to keep you all updated on my progress (or lack of). blah.
Anyways, please don't be too disgusted by the pics!!! YIKES I KNOW!

3 comments:

The Paulk's said...

If it makes you feel any better, mine is WAY worse (if I could bold WAY, I would):)! I'm not even brave enough to put a picture up, so good for you!! Good thing the little buggers are worth every stretch mark!

Allison said...

Yeah go girl! Stand proud of your accomplishments and battle wounds!! I promise- you're still one hott momma!:)

k and j said...

You look awesome you goofball! Love ya and miss ya! I am hella busy!