Friday, June 13, 2008

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head!






Today, Maeve and I hung out with Aunt Meghan (or Aunt Menee). We shopped our booties off at target looking for some fun water toys that Maeve could play with in the teeny tiny pain in the butt pool we bought... Then we went to JoAnn fabrics (my new fave. store) and bought material to make Maeve a picnic blanket... and Meghan made some head scarves out of scrap fabric... and I finished up (well kind of) making the holiday cans I've been working on for a few months- I will blog about those in a minute...
Well I got Maeve this super cute blow up pool- but I had no clue how hard it would be to get the thing in working order!!! It took both Meghan and I about a half hour to get that thing blown up!!! Ugh.... we were so excited to see Maeve sit in it with all her little toys we had just spent hours picking out! So Meg dressed her in her bikini and I filled the pool up with some warm water (cause the skies were looking a little gray... not too sunny) We dumped the toys in, carried the pool to the front door and it was POURING rain. Not just sprinkling a few drops, but we're talking torrential downpour!!! I was like "Well this kid is swimming on the porch!" Don't worry guys- it wasn't lightening or any of that scary stuff! So we dragged the pool onto the front porch and sat Maeve in it. She LOVED it! She was so mesmerized by the rain though that we couldn't catch a cute picture of her! She kept trying to climb out and grab the rain! She is such a little mermaid! I swear she could've lounged in there all day. So even though it rained, the pool was a hit and I can't wait to try it out on a sunny day.
I had a really fun day with you Meghan!!! I am going to miss you like a child misses its blanket when you leave on Monday!

1 comment:

Megs said...

i had sooo much fun with you guys too!! i am gonna miss you and your sweet precious family sooo much!!