Friday, March 28, 2014

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Long Hair


Upper left:  Finished product in Mason Jar (classy)
Lower left:  Magic trio
Upper right: whipping coco oil




Hey- you- yeah, YOU!  Want longer locks?  Read ON:

Have you ever looked at the back of your shampoo bottle?  If not, go look at it.  Most likely you'll find rosemary & lavender somewhere in there, and some kind of base oil (jojoba oil or coconut oil).  You'll also find 500,000 other things that you can't pronounce, but I'm not even going to open that can of worms right now.

Right now, I'm going to introduce you to 3 of my favorite oils:  Thyme, Rosemary & Lavender:

Thyme:  Extracted from Thyme (duh), a medicinal herb, its been around for ages.  But most recently has been studied for its uses in in hair loss, and hair growth.  When I think of thyme I think of cooking- and weirdly- it smells just like dinner when you sniff it.  But whateves.  It promotes hair growth, as well as adds shine and that's good enough for me.

Lavender:  Two awesome things about lavender- its rumored to stop hair loss and promotes relaxation.  So why not throw a few drops in the mix?  Lavender rocks my socks, and I know it will do the same for you.

Rosemary:  I got this oil for free a long, long time ago.  And I thought it was used for cooking.  Really.  I didn't know you could use it for anything but a pot of meatballs.  Turns out I was way wrong.  Rosemary is like the hail Mary of all hair oils.  It improves blood flow to your scalp, which in turn, makes your hair grow... like suuuuupah fast.

Want Rapunzel hair?  Follow this recipe:

1/4 cup coco oil OR grapeseed oil (your choice)
2-4 drops of thyme
2-4 drops of lavender
4-6 drops of rosemary

Whip it all together (with a blender- consistency should be like conditioner).  Store in GLASS.  Before you shower at night, massage into your DRY scalp- (this is key- DRY SCALP).  Wrap your hair up in a towel and hang out in the shower for a bit (5-10 minutes... or enough time for it to seep into your scalp).  Then wash, shampoo/condition as normal.

Wallah!  You, my lady (or man- hey men can have luxurious Rapunzel locks too) are well on your way to long, shiny, enviable hair.



Now before I close, I must address a couple of "do not's."

 DO NOT hop on amazon and find a 3.00 bottle of NOW oil and call it a day.  Ya know that saying, "You get what you pay for?"  Yeah, that goes well here.

Do NOT forget to rinse your oil concoction out of your hair. #greasecity


It's no secret I sell Young Living oils.  Do I want you to buy Young Living oils?  Do you want to a 6 pack and a red corvette?  Yeah.  Same goes for my question.  Duh.  It's my job.  But please, I'd LOVE for you to do your research.  I would absolutely love to help you do your research and show you why Young Living oils are DA BOMB.  And why cheapo oils found at the store or on Amazon are not going to get you the results you want... as harsh as that sounds, its the truth.  For example, this one time I bought this super cheap litter box for my cat.  It did a crappy job (haha no pun intended) and I ended up having to replace said litter box about 15 times.  Eventually I splurged and bought the one that was rated 4 stars- the one everyone was raving about.  And heck yeah.  It's a flippin nice litter box.  Why didn't I just go with that one in the first place?  I guess its just our nature.

Anyways... if you're interested in learning more about this particular concoction of hair oils or if you REALLY want me to blow your mind with all Young Living essential oils can do, shoot me a message!  Facebook me- email me- ashleymckenney07@gmail.com

And take my advice;  instead of buying 15 bottles of 3.00 lavender that don't work... buy the one bottle of 23.00 lavender that works like nobodies business.  

Happy Friday :)

And check out my YL page HERE ;)

No comments: