Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful, Day 3:

See this little badge???




Let me tell you. It is SO much more than just a little badge. This, my friends, is the culmination of the past 5 years of my life.  

When I had Maeve in 2007, I entered into the terrifying world of PPD and anxiety.  For years I asked myself, why me?  Looking around at my friends with their kids, laughing and enjoying life to its fullest, I couldn't help but feel completely gypped. 

Today, I know.  Today I know the reasons for my journey.  And although they haven't come to full fruition, as I imagine them to in my head, I am making baby steps to where I want to be. 

This badge, this honor, being one of them.

I got an email last night saying  I had earned a spot on Wellsphere's top blogger list for anxiety.  The joy this brings me... I can barely write.  Just tears.  From where I was 5 years ago to where I am today... it just seems right, full circle... like things are aligning where they were always meant to be. 

God's plan for me was there all along.  And I'm just now getting the sweet taste of it.

I am well.  I am living and thriving, and loving every ounce out of this life. 

Thank you for reading this blog.  Thank you for all the messages, baring your own souls' struggles with depression and anxiety.  This is an illness that will come to light, be spoken about, smashing the stigmas attached with it, I promise. 

So today, Day 3,... along with my wellsphere badge (which I am SO, SO thankful for...) here's my picture of thankfulness:

 


Photobucket

No comments: