Sunday, October 28, 2012

when the wind blows

Weekend Recap:



Hurricane Sandy swept the coast (well 300 miles OFF the coast) of Florida.  It's funny how the energy picks up around here during tropical storms and such.  It's a contagious, electric feel... like we're all waiting for the winds to begin. 

I think we got the worst of it Friday night.  And it was indeed, insane windy.  We live in condos that can't be more than  10 years old, and I was sure it was collapsing on us Friday night.  Or at least that's what my anxiety said...

I'm sure I've said it before, storms down here just unreal.  They come on quick and are scary strong.  I thought I liked storms (and I still do... I like NORMAL, thunderstorms...with healing, therapeutic rain, a few booms, etc.)  but storms in the south are scarrrrrry.  I believe it was August (?) we were watching a movie, with our giant patio doors opened and lightening (the cloud-ground kind) struck a tree in our wood line... smoke, fire, boom- yeah.  Traumatizing.

Anyways, once the damaging winds moved on, and some warnings were lifted, we headed to the beach to watch the storm.  I want get so deep here... talking about the strength of mother nature;  our place in this universe... I will refrain.  I have a 100000 pictures to work on ;)
Photobucket



 
BIRDS!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Hot coffee+ chilly beach= perfection
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

 
I had never seen the ocean so angry before.  Very humbling.
Photobucket
 
 
 
 

One thing that was on our list this weekend was to purchase and carve pumpkins.  We didn't get to it.  A week or so ago, I picked up baby pumpkins and wrote each of our names on them... (we have a pumpkin family of 5 sitting on our counter; so cute)  Henry likes to hoard them.  I'll find him walking around the house, holding them all, as best he can.  He puts them in random places.  It's strange but cute so let the pumpkin hoarding continue sweet man...;)

Photobucket


Photobucket





Florida is known for beautiful weather.  It's been one of those little perks of living down here; you can plan anything, anytime, anywhere,  and count on good weather.  You obviously avoid summer afternoon storms (it storms EVERY SINGLE afternoon in the summer) but other than that, you're golden.  Well, leave it to my cousin Halley ;)  She got married this weekend.  In the middle of a tropical storm.  Actually, the wind and rain had lifted by the time the ceremony rolled around, and it ended up being a beautiful afternoon.  A photogs delight;  NO sun.... overcast, breezy and warm.


Litte man Henry. 
Photobucket



Cousin Halley!
Photobucket



Maeve was the flower girl... and sista loved her dress.  Now she wants to be a bride for Halloween.  Shoulda figured ;)
Photobucket


Halley's colors were blue and white.  Perfect for October.  I loved, loved, loved the centerpieces.  I'm such a sucker for blues.
Photobucket


Photobucket





um.  This picture shall be named "Flower girl Fail"

no, actually Maeve did an AWESOME job (no worries cousin Mal- she is like a professional flower girl and is SO excited for your big day!)  But she hates pictures.  She had this giant WHITE (not off white, not ivory, but STARK WHITE) dress on.  I told her over and over, "You cannot be wild in this dress.  You have to sit like a lady, etc."  I look over and see this:
Photobucket
This was post wedding (thank goodness) but she was literally rolling on the ground, feet in the air.  Bless her flower girl heart :)




Well I think that's about it for us.

Let's ALL have a kick butt week!!!!!

And remember to enter for a mermaid tail ENTER HERE!!!  The contest is open until October 31st, at MIDNIGHT :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your pictures are so great. I can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding. I'm anxious to see the family shot at the wedding and the pictures of Cam and me when he got the note from Katie. You must have a ton of editing to do but it will be so nice to see those shots of grandparents and family groups. Keep up the good work!