Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

  • 2nd blog post of the day.  On a roll, whoo whoo!  And if you happened to miss the first post (about mermaid tails and such) you must, must, MUST check it out...HERE! 
  • We are never, ever, ever, getting back together....like ever. (sorry; listening to Taylor Swifts new CD, RED ).  It's been on repeat since it was released at midnight on Monday :). 
  • Lola has fleas.  It is official:  Her mission in life is to make me as miserable as possible.  And she succeeds with this, daily.  Darn that dog.
  • I'm shooting my cousins wedding tomorrow (as a gift to her)... I'm not sure my feet or my head is ready for it.  Weddings are insane.  I much prefer to sit back and relax. 
  • I have all 3 kids' Christmas lists made out.  I'm curious- do you ever feel you are running out of "things" to get your kids?  How bad is that?  We could skip presents for years and my kids would still have too much junk.  But because, the joy on their faces trumps my wallet and the cluttered state of this house, they shall each get a few gifts on Christmas morning from Ryan and I (and Santa). 
  • We have a few local kids' consignment shops here in town; my fave is run by a friend of ours, Cheri.  Anyways, I found a pair of BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Squeaky Shoes in a size 5 (Stella's size) for 4.50.  Cloud 10 people...cloud 10, was where I sat yesterday. 
  • So we're in the midst of some hurricane or something... Frankenstorm is what they're calling it.  I'm thankful we're on the tropical side of it verses the snow/cold/ICK part of it.  Right now its a balmy 78, super duper windy and overcast.  I can deal with all three of those just fine.  In fact, we're excited to go and have a look at the ocean tomorrow, over the pier.  Waves and surf are supposed to be huge :)  I will definitely take pics :)  They've posted a ban on swimming all up the East coast of Florida....so the ocean's gotta be doing some crazy things.
  • Do you belong to Citrus Lane?  If yes, AWESOME... SHARE WITH ME WHAT WAS IN YOUR OCTOBER BOX :)  If no, leave a comment with your email so I can give you a referral code and discount!  I'm obsessed (thanks Katie D.)...
  • thick skin.  Gosh I wish I had it.  I don't.  I have translucent skin.  Like, poke me with your pinky and I'm on the floor crying.  So when someone outright rejects something of mine, particularly something I'm passionate about (say photography, or writing... this blog, etc.)  it's the end of the world.  Obviously, I pick up and get on with things, but why oh WHY can I not be one of those people who shrugs things off???  UGH.  By the way, the incident in question is about this network I belong to (won't disclose the name) but I have submitted form after form, begging to write for certain projects or products... I have yet to land one.  Defeat... it sucks.   Oh, and I submitted this collage of photos for a boutique contest.  The winner, would get a years worth of boutique items to photograph, etc.  Right up my alley (or so I thought).  And as I scrolled through the other entrants, I thought surely, I had a running chance.  Anyways, I didn't even place.  Smack in the face.  How did I ever compete in gymnastics?  Or finish high school?  My goodness...
  • I don't think I blogged about my roommate I had while in the hospital... if I did, forgive me and just move on.  I was on the 7th floor; the renal unit.  It was a real kickin' ward.  Really though, I am SO thankful for the roommate I had.  Being wheeled down the halls, on the way to tests, I saw others on the floor and realized I could be sharing a room with death.  My roomie, Patty was relatively well.  She had been in for two weeks, and knew the ropes of the hospital.  It cracked me up.  We rarely ever saw each other, but we spoke across the curtain all the time.  She prayed for me and gave me advice on life.  I loved listening to her stories about growing up in the old south.  She didn't make weird noises, or require crash carts... she just had 2 bad kidneys and needed dialysis, a lot.  She didn't have a car, so they'd hospitalize her so she could make it to dialysis.  Anyways, I left the hospital in a sort of haze on Sunday night, waved goodbye to Patty and wished her well.  As the weeks gone on, I've found myself thinking about her often.  I have no idea how long she'll be there for.  And then I remembered in the 3 days I was there, she didn't have one visitor.   I'm going to call on Monday to see if she's still there, and maybe take her some flowers. 


TGIF. 

Have an awesome weekend and check out more leftovers over at Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks  :)

PS- Danifred- for the life of me, couldn't get the link box thing to work!!  Sorry!

1 comment:

The Williams said...

The citris thing...don't know what it is but I needto know, my email is williamsnacc@tds.net. Also you must do the flower thing...you are soo busy but you will make her day!!