- I can't lie. I'm frustrated. Incredibly. If frustration were a lake, I'd be drowning in the middle of it. Blah that's such a cliche way of explaining it. Really though, I feel like a starving artist. I love photography. I love writing. It seems lately I'm...uninspired? Or just doing a really crappy job. I feel my pictures are never what I dream them to be and my writing never as eloquent or powerful as I imagine it could be. And well, I'm frustrated. Pity party now closed.
- I have gained, wait for it, wait.... TEN POUNDS in about 3 weeks. In large part (no pun intended) because of my surgeries and kidney stone issues (or so I'm telling myself). Really though, I chilled in bed for about a week eating donuts. So I'm back on the Smoothie King diet. It works, it really does. I eat a healthy breakfast (usually corn chex cereal and some kind of fruit), and substitute a Lean One shake for lunch. I find I can pretty much eat whatever for dinner and still be okay. So YAY for that. And Smoothie King, if you're reading this, feel free to sponsor me or something.
- I have a confession. We watch "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." I know, I know. I'm appalled with myself.
- Holy moly my ten year high school reunion was this past weekend?! Where does time go?
- So that post I wrote about Stella. I didn't mean to sound dramatic and cause a huge stirring. I've seen many people post on facebook for prayers, no questions asked. I thought I could do the same (and I hope I'm not coming off upset here) but I guess it caused a huge scare within my group of friends and some family, and I'm sorry. Those were sooooo not my intentions. She is absolutely fine, I promise. She's just got a funny little condition that we need to keep an eye on and explore some more. No biggie, okay?
- Last night I snuck away to Barnes and Noble. It was fantastic. I had a gift card (from Christmas...holy hoarder) and I spent a solid hour drinking coffee and browsing the memoir section. I ended picking up, "Heaven Is Here." I was skeptical because the last book I read by a blogger was "Bloom." And props to Kelle Hampton for her beautiful writing and photography skills but holy goodness did that book drive me insane. Yes, it was crazy well written, but I couldn't get past the materialistic vibe of the book. Add in her "rock star" stuff and, um, I was annoyed. But bless her, I truly believe she is a great mama and I'm pretty obsessed with her blog (wayyyy better than her book!). And that's my unofficial book review of "Bloom."
- We had a picnic at the park today and it was simply delightful. Maeve and Henry are glued at the hip, and it makes me smile this huge, obnoxious grin as they take the playground by storm. Stella stays close to me, picking up lost articles of clothing that her sister or brother may toss over. A shoe here, a sock there. Sometimes she strikes gold and Henry will throw over one of his beloved trains.
- Maeve is going through a super rough time right now with nightmares and sleeping. It breaks my heart. She is terrified of the dark, her room, being alone, etc. I'm just at a loss with what to do. We've cut out scary movies (not like she ever watched any in the first place, but the witch in "Snow White" scared her, so that's been nixed). We pray for angels to guard and protect her. We hung a pretty cross with a sweet bible verse over her bed, so she knows Jesus is with her all night long. We've tried leaving lights on and playing lullabies... nothing works. She cries herself to sleep every single night. Ryan usually ends up on the floor of her room (while I'm with Stella in our room)... to say the least, sleeping 'round these parts has been scarce. Ugh.
- Pick up the new Donovan Frankenreiter CD, Start Livin'. It's kid friendly, upbeat and awesome. And Donovan? If you're reading this, which I totally know you are, feel free to send us some tickets. We're down for whateves.
Happy Friday ALLLLL!!! :D
And now enjoy some pictures from our morning at the park... ;)