Tuesday, September 13, 2011

mish mash.

(just like friday night leftovers... except not.  Because its Tuesday.  Not Friday.  Get it?)

  • Life is hard at the moment.  There's no sugar coating the fact that I feel like the CRAPPIEST mother on the planet.  Here's the deal:  There is not enough of me to go around.  Or, maybe there is, I just can't figure out how to do it, which makes me feel even crappier. 
  • the beach was amazing tonight.  There must have been a storm, because the entire beach was covered with GIANT jelly fish.  It was so awesome.  I wish I had pictures to show you....but...
  • ...BUT that leads me into my next bullet- my freaking rebel broke.  Bad doesn't begin to describe my mood. 
  • I watched the season finale of "Kate + 8" last night.  Thank GOD she's gone from the world of television.
  • It's my birrrrrfffday this weekend!  YAY!  So far, plans are a dinner date on Friday at Ryan and I's fave place, Harry's.   Saturday morning, my grandma's treating me to a total makeover! :)  Hair, eyebrows, mani, pedi, the WORKS!  AHhhhhh!  Saturday night, the whole fam is going out for sushi and steak at SPY, which is the sweeeeetest place ever.  Seriously- check out the website and take a virtual tour- SO SO SO cool :)
  • Stella's getting too big, too fast.  I'm thankful that she's healthy and growing of course, but dang I wish she could stay a teeny, tiny newborn longer.
  • Hey- check out this fact:  Did you know, waking up to nurse in the middle of the night is 100 times better if there's a "Twilight" marathon on?  Yup... its true.
  • My poor Mr. Man and his arm.  He's being such a trooper but I can tell he's in pain.  Once again, whenever a situation like this comes up, I try and remind myself about how much worse it could be.  Two broken arm bones are serious- but in the grand scheme of things, we're all okay.
  • Tomorrow night we're having a "Snow White" party.  Why?  Hmmm... not sure.  I guess because its a boring Wednesday night, and I wanted to do a themed dinner ;)  We're having vegetable soup & an apple pie... I think we're also going to do a craft of some sort.  I'll blog about it :)
  • I'm not going to say a whole lot about this- but there's a reason they (the hospital/doctors/midwives) tell you not to exercise for 4-6 weeks after having a baby.  Let's just say it's a good reason, and if I could go back in time, I'd follow those instructions.   If you're a close friend and would like to know what I'm talking about message me..
  • I've been teaching 4 hours of gymnastics a week- it feels really good to be "working" again... even if its only 4 hours a week ;)
  • While driving in the car today on the way to Maeve's ballet class, she piped up from the back, "Mom, I'm going to take my nuk out because I don't want my friends to see it."  I think its time to throw away the pacis...

well.... I think that about sums up our happenings... happy Tuesday! :)



The Paper Mama's Photo Challenge for the week:  Remember.


I want to remember back to these days, when my 3 year old picks up a stick and is imagining she's hiking through "the Mulan mountains."  :)

The Paper Mama


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

Manda said...

LOVE that she took out her Nuk. Peer pressure is sometimes great! :) And what the heck did you do excersizng?! You poor, poor girl.

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

SO sorry to hear about your rebel! What a bummer. :( At least you've still got your newer (D90?) one right? Hang in there...I have not doubt that you'll be balancing the three kido's like a pro in no time :)