Another "MAM" (Maeve Approved Meal).
I'm not going to lie... this one took some work and prep. It's definitely not a quick- go- to meal. BUT it was SO good. I mean, SO.GOOD. That I am planning on putting it on our menu every week. Saturday nights will become our pizza night... and THIS will be our pizza of choice:
Here's the recipe for "Chicken Pesto Pizza."
* 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
* 2-3/4 cups bread flour, divided
* 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Olive Oil, divided
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
* 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
* 1/2 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
* 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1 tub of feta cheese crumbles (I got the kind with Italian seasonings)
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Here's how to put it together:
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the remaining flour; beat until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, peppers and mushrooms in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Spread with pesto. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
Good luck with your pizza!