Monday, January 18, 2010

Meijer 1/18

To start this lengthy post, I must thank my mom for watching BOTH of my kiddos- I shopped in peace and forgot how fun it is to actually LOOK at the products you're buying and not race through the aisles sticking suckers in a 2 year old's mouth.

I pretty much stuck to my list- only straying a few times ;) I went 20 over my budget of $50.00- not bad considering all that was bought.

-Meijer salt
-Bananas
-2 cans of cream of chix soup
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can black beans
-2 onions
-1 bag yellow rice
-1 block cream cheese
-2 bags chex mix
-2 bags white chocolate chips
-1 pack butter
-1 box brown rice
-4 boxes fruit snacks
-1 gallon milk
-1 tub sour cream
-1 dozen organic eggs (I've now become obsessed w/ brown hen eggs!)
-1 quart half/half
-1 Reynolds wrap
-2 packs Tyson chicken
-1 Rotisserie chicken (for tonight's chicken hot dish)
-10 cans of veggies
-4 cans of chicken broth
-1 bag confectioners sugar
-2 cans diced tomatoes
-1 box cake mix
-5 bags goldfish
-2 blocks of cheese
-1 block velveeta
-5 bags frozen veggies
-4 tubes pringles
-1 dole salad mix
-8 boxes kelloggs cereal

Grand total: $70.08
Savings: $51.13

Again, I try and aim to stay around 50/60 bucks per week- 70 isn't too bad... I didn't have coupons for the white chocolate (which is expensive!!!) or the Tyson chicken. But we've got food for the week, cereal & snacks for months!

Here are some pics:



I had already put the refrigerated food away- this is a pic of the dry stuff.

oh how did that sneak in here??? cute. :)

No comments: