Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Quick Update.

So this is day 6 of diarrhea- tomorrow (Friday) will mark an entire 7 days of nothing but the runs for miss Maeve. Dr. Williams had said if it hadn't cleared up by tomorrow then we will have to do some cultures. The good news is she hasn't run a fever in over 24 hours- KNOCK ON WOOD! She is still cranky/whiny & lethargic- mainly after naptime- in the mornings she is actually acting pretty normal. Today was a great morning- she ate a big breakfast (followed by diarrhea) but that didn't slow her down at lunchtime! My mom, Maeve and I went to Daryls and she ate almost an entire quiche by herself :) its great to see her eating normally again- even if it is coming out in liquid later. UGH...

I am 27 weeks today- crazy, because I feel like I am 37 weeks. Every once in awhile, I have these really low moments where I start to think how far I have to go... thankfully I have Maeve to keep my mind off of it the majority of the time. I have noticed that in the past week or so especially, sleep has become SO uncomfortable. I wake up probably 20 times a night (NO exaggeration- maybe more) because lying on my sides is making my hips go numb. So I wake up from the tingling/numbness and have to flip over. I actually just woke up from a nap and my hips are still tingling and my groin feels like I've been riding a horse for 2 weeks straight. I definitely remember this with Maeve... but I am pretty sure it didn't start with her until I was into weeks 30 and beyond. Again, scary that I'm only 27 weeks and already so miserable. YIKES.

Another weird thing that is happening are sore ankles- I never got sore ankles with Maeve and I am attributing this to the simple fact that now that I have a very active 2 year old, I am on my feet a lot more.

This baby moves non-stop. Really- I am totally convinced there are 2 babies in there because the sheer amount of movement. I thought Maeve moved a lot, but no joke- I will do a "kick count" and count probably 20-30 movements within 10 minutes or so. Its nuts. But cool :) And Dr. P always says "an active baby is a healthy baby" so I suppose all is well.

Anyways, that's the basic update on life here. Hope you're having a good week :)

27 weeks... wish I could say "and going strong!" haha... just SO not up for another 3 months...

Maeve loves to feel the bumps & wiggles of her brother :)

4 comments:

Angie B said...

u r all baby tho, u can tell :) hanf in there~ u have a beautiful baby boy in there!!

k and j said...

Ash you have the cutest belly! For sure a big, healthy boy in there! BUT you never know, you could just have lots of amniotic fluid which is good!! I think your belly looks just right for where you are at :) Oh and poor Maeve!!

k and j said...

Oh and your bum and legs look tiny crazy girl! You ARE all baby!

Becky said...

your belly is so cute! :)