Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First CVS Experience... & a Swing By Wags...


Okay- no clue why the coloring on this pic is so crazy... this is proof of why I need a new camera!!!!!!!!!

I have done lots and lots of couponing deals at Target, Kroger and Walgreens- but I've always been super intimated by the amount of information and savings at CVS. I belong to a website called "Cafe Mom" and their is a group on there called "CVS Shoppers." Every week I check out what the big deals are but like I said, either its WAY too much info to process or the savings aren't on items I need or want. BUT this week I checked up on the group and there's a deal going on with Soy Joy bars. Now I personally think Soy Joy bars are completely disgusting- they taste like cardboard. My child however, could eat 20 a day. So I looked at the deal and figured I'd go try it out. Yes, its fathers day, but I was ditched by Ryan (nice huh?) so Maeve and I took a little trip to CVS. The deal was buy 4 Soy Joy bars, get $4 back in ECBs (Extra Care Bucks- its really just like cash). I printed off 2 coupons for $1.00 off 5 Soy Joy bars- and here's how it worked out:

5 Soy Joy bars- $5.00
-$1.00 coupon
+$4.00 back =free :)

5 Soy Joy bars-$5.00
-$1.00 coupon
+$4.00 back =free

*************************
then with my $8.00 in ECB's I got back I turned around and bought a pack of diapers on sale for 8.99.

Huggies diapers-$8.99
-$8.00 ECB's
-1.50 Huggies manu coupon
=.5 cents

SO my grand total for 10 soy joys & 1 pack of diapers was $8.05 :) Not too bad... hopefully I'll master more CVS tips and tricks to get my total down even lower. Since Maeve does really like the bars though I plan on going back at least a few more times this week to stock up on them... and I'm already scheming in my head how I can roll my ECB's into bigger and better ECB deals :) Hmmm....

anyways check out cafemom.com & join their CVS shopping group
or you can check out afullcup.com which is an awesome resource for a TON of stores and a TON of coupons!

Okay now for my swing by WALGREENS! I've pretty much mastered that store- although my deals would be MUCH better if they'd let me have overage on items... oh well- I'm still beating retail :)

-again I did NOT change this picture to black and white- my camera made that decision for me- yup its possessed or something.

I had to do LOTS of transactions but here's how this worked out:
Trans #1:
1 8 oz. baby powder- $1.99
-1.00 Johnson & Johnson product
=.99 + $1.00 back in RR (register rewards- again just like cash)

Trans #2:
1 8 oz. baby powder- $1.99
-1.00 Johnson & Johnson product
=.99 + $1.00 back in RR

Trans #3:
1 8 oz. baby powder- $1.99
-1.00 Johnson & Johnson product
=.99 + $1.00 back in RR

Trans #4:
1 Aquafresh toothpaste-$3.00
-.75 manu coupon
=$2.25 + $3.00 back in RR

Trans #5:
1 Aquafresh toothpaste-$3.00
-.75 manu coupon
=$2.25 + $3.00 back in RR

Trans #6:
3 boxes of General Mills Cereal-$7.00
-1.50 off 3 boxes of GM cereal
=5.50 + 1.00 back in RR

Trans #7:
1 mega pack of wipes-$6.99
-1.00 Huggies coupon
=$5.99

2 Sunday papers (for more coupons :)-$2.00 each
=$4.00

4 boxes of Gen. Mills Cereal-$9.00
-$1.50 off 3 boxes of GM cereal
=$7.50

**Used $10.00 in Register Rewards
Grand Total: $19 and some change (have yet to add up all the different receipts)
Again, if my stupid walgreens would let me have OVERAGE I could get my total much lower. Whatever- the cereal alone is worth about 15 bucks so I'm pleased with my haul.

***OH another heads up- in this Sunday's paper there is an entire Huggies ad which includes 3 very nice diaper/wipe coupons!- that's why I bought 2 extra papers at Wags on top of the one I already took from my parents :) YES!!!! :) You can't ever have enough diapers and wipes with a 21 month old and a baby on the way!!!

1 comment:

The Paulk's said...

Great job! :) I got a great deal on diapers at KMart a couple weeks back (not that I need any), but I just can't pass up a good deal. I got 25 packs for about 2.50 each :).

I'm totally don't know how to "do" CVS and am totally intimidated by it too...so, it's probably a good thing we don't have one around here :). Although we were in Jackson this past weekend and I saw it and was thinking "man, I bet I could get some good deals there". I thought of you too! You'll have to teach me someday!Hope you're doing well. "Talk" to you soon.