Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yum. Yum. Yum.

A month or so ago when we went up to the Westin in Detroit, I ordered this AMAZING salad and I seriuosly took out a pen and paper and wrote down what was in it :) Tonight I thought, was the perfect night to try it out. (ANG- this one's for you- I know you loooove blue cheese like me!!!)

**Bib Lettuce Wedge**

-a head of bib lettuce (this will feed 2-3)
-blue cheese crumbles
-bacon
-a block of cheddar cheese
-green onions
-grape tomatoes
-ranch dressing

Super simple and pretty self explanatory- just cut the lettuce into hearty wedges (we used one head of lettuce and Ryan and I each got a huge chunk), slice up the green onions, cut the tomatoes in half, shred the cheddar cheese (I HATE bagged cheese so I usually use the block kind and shred my own...), cook up the bacon and then load up your wedge with all the yummys! It was SO GOOD- and super filling. I also served yellow rice & bread with it... incredibly easy and soooooooooo delicious.

No comments: