Monday, March 16, 2009

Keeping Myself Accountable!

Ryan and I are anxiously awaiting spring break... (1 more month!!!) with that excitement also comes the reality of the money that is involved in paying for such a trip- not that we take extravagant vacations but paying for 2 plane tickets, a hotel for 10 days, Universal tickets, a rental car, food and spending REALLY ADDS UP!!!!! And up and up and up...

Ryan and I have this conversation about twice a day- saving money by cooking at home more often- less eating out. Unfortunately the reason why we have that conversation so often is because we are probably eating out 3-4 out of the 7 nights a week- YIKES!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I don't have the best job in the world to accommodate a lovely home cooked dinner. But somehow, SOMEHOW we've GOT to start cooking more! It's such a simple way to save money and Ryan is thrilled at always having leftovers for lunch.

Today was nothing out of the ordinary, and AGAIN we had the whole eating out conversation while Ryan was home for lunch... so I decided to hold myself accountable by publicly posting here on my blog our weekly menu. It's big and bold and right at the top of this page... and since I check my blog daily, it should really hold me accountable to cooking and saving some green.

In reality, I really only have to cook 4 nights- Monday through Thursday- Friday we usually order pizza (actually sometimes we make it at home too- depends), Saturday is our night we go out and every Sunday, my parents have us over for dinner. FOUR nights- that's nothing!

2 comments:

The Paulk's said...

This is what I used to do, until I got lazy :), but I thought it REALLY helped!! I still do it at home, I just never get around to posting it anymore!

http://orgjunkie.com/

It's called Menu Plan Monday!!

Unknown said...

thank ya mam! :) I will try that out too!!!