Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back to the Grind...

UGH I think the worst part of vacationing is coming back to the daily blahs of life. In Florida, we'd wake up, go on a walk to the park, go out for lunch, stop and get some ice cream, take a loooong afternoon nap, go out for dinner and end the night with a swim in the pool. Nice huh??? Since we got back on a Tuesday afternoon we got slapped right back into reality! Dinner at home :( ,unpacking my suitcase and starting on laundry, chasing after Maeve in our tiny house, unable to do ANYTHING because of the stupid weather.... ugh :( On Wednesday, we woke up bright and early- I had every intention on going to the Y and getting back into the whole workout thing, but goooooood LORD I couldn't even manage to get out of my pjs until after lunch!!! Poor Maeve- she kept taking my hand (oh yeah, that's her new thing- taking your hand and guiding you to where she wants you to go) and bringing me to the back door... I kept asking "What babe?" And she just kept pounding on the door- I opened it up and told her "Cooooold MaeMae!" Obviously she doesn't understand why she can't go outside... for 6 days straight first thing in the morning we were outside and running around and playing. So yeah, she is desperate for some fresh air, as am I, and I'm sure you all are too... :( I had a meet Wed. night and as much as I absolutely LOVE judging, I just was NOT up to it last night- I went, and got through it, but just wanted to be home in bed... I think that's what this weather does to you. Today (Thursday) we are going to venture out to Target- I made a quick trip to Walmart yesterday for essentials (milk, bread, eggs, cheese & deli meat), but VALENTINES day is coming up quickly (MY FAVE. HOLIDAY!!!!!) and I wanna get out of this house and look for a v-day present for Ryan... hmmm... no clue what to get him but anyways, a trip out to Target will be the highlight of our day today. Again, today I was set to go the Y but its not gonna happen... I think I will start *new* on Monday. I still have a pesky 7-10 lbs. to lose before our next vacation...
Which leads me into SPRING BREAK '09! :) As SOON as we got home the other day I was already having FL withdrawals so I hopped on the computer and started looking up Universal stuff- originally we were planning on flying down to Orlando April 16th, driving to my grandmas, spending the weekend with her, then driving over to St.Augustine for the week. We were totally going to avoid Disney and the whole craziness of Orlando. But my mom, Maeve, Grandma and I had SUCH a blast at Universal and downtown Disney on Monday that I have now convinced Ryan to do ONE day at Universal :) at least its not Disney, right??? :) So now we're flying in 4/16, staying at the double tree at the entrance to Universal and going to City walk and the park. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh also- someone asked me how and why do we take so many vacations... first off, the "vacation" I just took was completely paid for by my mom- from my airfare to my food... so that trip cost NOTHING. Last summer the trip to New England was the same deal- my mom and grandma paid for all my stuff... so really this is Ryan and I's second vacation this year that we're actually paying for. Also, we have family down there so we have places to stay- for free! :) Don't get me wrong, it does cost a pretty penny to vacay but years ago, Ryan and I came to the conclusion that we'd rather vacation and have memories that are literally priceless rather than new cars, fancy clothes and other material things. SO anyways, that's our theory on vacationing.

No comments: