Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What A Cut!

I am so incredibly accident prone our house should probably be padded from floor to ceiling and the last thing I need in my hand is a razor. Yeeeahhh. I cut myself SO badly last night shaving- its the back of my Achilles- literally from my heel to about 3 inches up- I had to PULL the skin out of the razor. Now all you ladies know that one little nick from the razor bleeds like mad- this pretty much looked like a scene out of a murder movie. I didn't have my contacts in when it happened in the shower- but I obviously felt it and within seconds blood was streaming down my foot and down into the drain. I calmly called for Ryan- he came in, took one look and said "GEEEZ okay um get out and let me try to clean it up so I can see the cut better." Then I started to freak a little bit- not about the cut itself, but the thought of getting stitches, having to call my mom to come and sit with baby Maeve as I made my 100th trip to the ER, etc. Anyways, I lay down on the bed (after leaving a nice trail of blood through the bathroom) and Ryan held some gauze on it for a few minutes- it did NOTHING-just filled up with blood within seconds. He threw it out, got a new pack and tried it again... nothing! It was still bleeding like I had just cut it. SO he stuffed gauze all around the 3-4 inch long cut, and then bandaged it up. I was chatting with a friend on facebook during the bandaging and I asked her what I should do- she told me to call and ask if they'd glue it shut. UGH I SO did not want to go to the ER. So, I held my foot up, trying to quell the bleeding and eventually I fell asleep. I woke up this morning and took a look down at my foot- NOT GOOD. My entire foot was covered in blood (as were the sheets) and the bandages were soaked. Ryan had already left for work so I hobbled into the bathroom and slowly peeled the bandaging off to see the damage. The funny thing is, this cut isn't that bad- its really wide and its deep- but not stitchable I don't think... Perhaps glue-able though- I am debating on whether or not to call the doc. to see what I should do. For right now I am changing the bandages every so often... now, its not GUSHING blood to the point where I am losing like mass volumes of it, but it is consistently soaking through bandages every few hours. I have one pic- of it- not that you really wanna see it, but you KNOW I would've taken more but at the moment of "action" there was a ton going on and the last thing I was thinking about was grabbing the camera to shoot the blood on the floor and in the bathroom. But I suppose you all can visualize that.... so look at the pic of my poor heel all bandaged up- this bandage has been on for 2 hours- so that's the amount of blood coming through... any advice???

UGH... oh yeah, and walking? That could be a problem- (walking as in exercising). It rubs up against the back of my shoe and hurts SO BADLY!!! I did go to pilates today, but you aren't ever on your feet so it wasn't an issue. Tomorrow however, I was planning on doing my 30-40 minutes of cardio... hopefully it will heal with either some glue from the doc. or just plain healing I guess...


Switching gears here, I did all my pureeing for the week again today (it seems like Tuesdays are working out good for that). On the menu for this week is potato soup (tonight- made with squash & cauliflower) and pink pancakes (tomorrow night- made with beets) and then of course "French Toast Fridays"- and then I just use whatever puree I have left.

The soup was AWESOME- definitely recommend this one!!! It's filling, its incredibly healthy and super easy to make (well, again it takes some time, but pretty hard to mess this one up!). I guess potato soup is normally pretty fattening??? But the veggie purees took the place of any cream or butter. So this was pretty much a blend of 3 different veggies- potatoes, cauliflower and squash. We did top it off with some cheese and croutons :) YUUUUM. Sadly though, (VERY SADLY) Maeve didn't really take to the soup. She played with it, put it in her hair and ultimately the whole bowl ended up on the floor... hmm... disappointing. But she IS teething agaaaaaaaain. And that means less eating, lots of motrin and a clingy, cranky baby! How fun! :) Although the purpose of the soup was to make her gums feel better...

This is so pathetic- but its 7:30 PM here, Maeve is getting a bottle from daddy (YES she still is taking her nighttime bottle!!! YIKES!) and I am about to go to sleep. I am exhausted from Pilates and pureeing, Maeve, teaching and folding endless piles of socks, underwear and towels. Soooooo goodnight! :)

2 comments:

Ang said...

OMG ASHLEY! That is crazy! how are u doing??

Unknown said...

I'm okay- it is STILL "leaking" something... puss I guess? But the bleeding has ceased! I will blog about my Y adventure tonight... :)