Thursday, June 12, 2008

Maeve is 8 Months- going on Two YEARS.


She's so cute but she can be soooo naughty....

Maeve just had her 8 months milestone yesterday and I swear she is not 8 months- she is 2. A terrible 2. I hate even saying that because she is my bubba girl, but LORD ALMIGHTY, she has been such a pistol. Not sleeping, whining (not crying- she does this whiny thing which drives me nuts), screaming, pitching tantrums **FULL ON TANTRUMS- she kicks her legs, feet flails around and screams until we give her what she wants- I was in Meijers today buying her one of those little inflatable pools and for some reason she didn't want to sit in the cart. So the ENTIRE time she screamed. Not cried- Screamed! Like she was yelling at me or something! I have to videotape it so you can all see what I'm talking about... its craziness. People were looking at me like I was beating my child or something- "nope she's fine- she just wants to be held right now." Where did this temper streak come from??? Lord help me- sometimes I want to drop her off at my moms and say "See ya in a few!" I don't sleep at night anymore because my little monster likes to stand up in her playpen (yeah I know she needs to move out of our bedroom and into her OWN crib) and bounces there while, yes, screaming at me. I can't get anything done around the house because if I am not A.) holding her B.) playing with her or C.) entertaining her in some way, she will be on the floor screaming and kicking- like a 2 year old!!!!! I really need to get this on tape...
Anyways, what do I do???????? I am at a loss... I guess this is my first big, BIG hurdle I've come to in parenting so far... I used to think it was super cute when she wanted to be held all the time, now its like I've got this monkey on my back that I can't shake off. All I am asking for is perhaps a HALF hour in the morning where I can set her down either in her playpen or exersaucer (somewhere safe and confining) so I can get some crap done. No, I don't want to do the dishes, sweep the floors and pick up all the junk that litters our house, but its GOT to be done. I can't wait until I can somewhat reason with her and tell her that. For the moment though, my name is "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Coincidently as I am writing this post (she was supposed to be napping- in all fairness though she did nap for what, 15 minutes???) she is now screaming at the top of her lungs to be picked up. Goodbye to you all, hello to that darn train that Maeve insists on playing with that won't shut up about "when animals make their noises they all sound really grand! You can sing along and join in their marching band!" Any tips on how to tame a 8 month "2 year old" firecracker???

1 comment:

k and j said...

I HAVE to see a tantrum on video!!! Hahahaha. Love that little monster :)