Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lola- The Reason Why I Have To Be Medicated


Swollen Lola.

Holy cow, she looked so bad!

This is normally how she's supposed to look....



Meet Lola- she is a 2 year old boxer who destroys my house, our yard and anything else that she can get her paws on. She's like that great white shark from Jaws; creating havoc and chaos in her wake, except that this isn't Amity, its my life. I could go on for hours about why she makes me feel lightheaded and like I'm going to hyperventilate any second, but I'll spare you. Instead, let me address what happened yesterday...

It was such a stressful and busy day, the last thing I needed was to deal with that bug eyed monster. Plus she had been super naughty that morning... so I put her outside, thinking she'd be fine while I cleaned and picked up the house. I ended up falling asleep, forgetting she was out there and then LEAVING to go to my parents house for my dads party! I got over to the house and my mom asked about Lola and I was like "OH SNAP! I forgot to let her in!!!" My mom said I should high tail it back over to my place because it had been a bit toasty... I brushed her off and said "Yeah right, I don't have that kind of luck... (meaning Lola was still very much alive). Oh my gosh that sounds horrible- please no animal lover people get me! I would never want Lola to meet an untimely death, thats why when I got home and found her with her face the size of New Jersey I completely freaked the heck out. I called my mom and Ryan and Dad and was bawling, saying "There's something really wrong with Lola! I think I killed her!!!" You see, when I got home she was as bloated as a blimp, lying on the back porch- I thought the heat had really done her in! All those times I had been sarcastically saying I wish Lola would kick the bucket were coming back to haunt me...

Good news though- she stirred when she heard me rumbling through the house (I was too afraid to go out on the porch b/c I honestly thought she was dead!) and ran over to the window. AHHH! "She's alive!!!!" My mom and Ryan ended up coming over and checking her out- we all came to the conclusion that we needed to call the vet ASAP. The vet had us bring her in, and it turned out that Lola had been attacked by a swarm of wasps or bees... apparently she's allergic? haha :) She's such an idiot, but I did feel really bad for- until we gave her benedryl last night and she lost control of her bladder and peed all over our bedroom. Yup, thats Lola.

2 comments:

k and j said...

That is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Lola. I am not a huge dog person but that is sooooo freakin sad :( Makes me want to cry! Poor baby!

Becky said...

Poor Lola! I hope she is doing better.

BUT...I totally, totally understand you being sick of her sometimes. Our dog, Walter, from the moment we got him he would poop and pee all over the house!! Whenever anyone greets him, even to this day, he pees (they call it submissive urination..seriously, look it up online..haha). It's SOOO annoying! He doesnt poop in the house anymore but he still pees when people greet him. So annoying. Anyway-i know how you feel about dogs. I have even asked Nathan if we could sell him a few times to get some money..lol. I'm bad. :)

Anyways-I hope she is doing better! Even though we get sick of them sometimes, you feel bad when they get hurt.