Wednesday, May 23, 2012

(Not Very) Wordless Wednesday

This week is picture week at the Saint Augustine Dance Conservatory (my mom's ballet studio).

A few years ago, I was inspired to start dabbling in some photography. 

Dabbling led to obsession;  watching youtube tutorials on how to operate photoshop, reading any book, article, blog that gave photography tips, and of course shooting with my camera every.day.  Every.single.second.of.the.day.

Fast forward to present day.  I feel pretty confident in my natural lighting, family/kids/senior shooting.  I love those magical hours after 4pm where the sun makes everything look like you're in a snow globe (through my lens:).  I love super close details; eyelashes, a single wrinkly baby foot, or sticky ice cream hands. 

Where is this all going?

Apparently since I do know a thing or two about photography and lighting, my mom thought it would be a good idea to have me do the studio pictures. 

UGH.

Not my style.  I hate flash.  I hate fake lighting.  I hate white backdrops. 

But, I've conferred with a great photog friend down here in FL, and she's come to my rescue, teaching me all she knows about working with an external flash, preventing shadows, creating a nice, clean look. 

So... with all that said (haha this is SO not a wordless Wednesday post!) here are a few of the pictures of my little ballerina that have transpired this week:










Happy Wednesday!  And here's to this week being over, and some natural lighting!  EYEYEYE!


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

The Williams said...

Your pictures turned out great! I was looking at Maeve thinking it seems like just yesterday Olivia and Caitlin were taking Cherubs...