Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Thankful "Leftovers" List

I totally slacked on blogging days 3-5 of thankfulness.  I'm going to smoosh it all together here...
  • Day #3:  I am thankful for showers and good books.  I have horrible insomnia.  I used to watch tv in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep.  However, our new roomie, Stella, has a hard time staying asleep with the tv on.  So when the insomnia hits, I go to the bathroom, hop in the shower and read.  I've read soooooo many book over the past few months.  I actually just finished a new book the other night ("Sing you Home" by Jodi Picoult)- I am not sure what book I want to get into next, so during the transition period, I'm re-reading "Twilight."  For real. :)  And I'm actually loving it as much as I did the first time around!
  • Day #4:  I'm thankful to live in such a beautiful city.  It's completely bizarre (but very cool) to live in a city where people actually come to vacation.  I don't know the percentage, (its a big one) but most of the revenue in this town comes from tourists.  I have these surreal moments every now and then, where I feel like I have to pinch myself and say, "I'm not on vacation!" 
  • Day #5:  I'm thankful for a husband who lets me sleep in on Saturday mornings!  Ever since having kids, Ryan's always been really good about letting me sleep in on Saturdays.  He loves making breakfast and watching cartoons with the kids... and that just works out perfectly for me!  :)  This morning, he made the kids big fluffy waffles and they wrestled around the house while watching "The Aristocats."  Stella and I emerged from our room around 9- and I'm telling you- those extra couple hours of sleep made me feel like a new person!

No comments: