- I have never seen more transients in my life. This town is filled with pan handlers on every street corner. It's completely heartbreaking. I've heard they (homeless) come to Florida because of the weather. Anyways, the other day I was at a red light (literally there is a pan handler at all the major intersections in town). It was raining, and the man looked emaciated. No pan handler looks like they're doing very well, but this one looked especially down and out. And of course the rain didn't help. As I'm sitting at the light, a police man swerves over to the man. I'm not sure what was said exactly, but it was obvious the cop wanted him to move. The man picked up his milk crate that he was using as a seat, his back pack, and his sign and trudged behind a building. It's been 2 days and I am still haunted by this. Where did he go? It was pouring rain and the one place he chose to sit at, he was told to leave. Ugh. So sad. :(
- My heart palps are back with a vengeance.
- I had a playdate this week! YAY!!! Making friends, making friends ;)
- I also did a bit of networking with my photography. TWO wonderful organizations (Good News Church and Young Life) are auctioning off a session and a print credit. I am hoping this will get my name out into the community!
- Last night I had a dream that I saw my papa. He passed a LONG time ago (I think its been about 14 years now- which is completely crazy). In my dream he was just there- he looked the same as the last time I saw him and I was me (today). I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug and just cried into him, saying "I miss you so much! I miss you so much!" I woke up from it with that weird feeling that dreams can sometimes give you. I was telling Ryan about it tonight and completely burst into tears. How strange... anyways, I can't stop thinking of it.
- Stella now smiles all the time. I cannot believe how quickly two months have flown by.
- I wish photography wasn't so expensive. Right now on my wishlist is a Canon 50d ($1300) and a 50mm/1.4 ($400). Oh and about a million other lenses that cost oodles of money we don't have.
- ORLANDO TOMORROW!!! YAY!!! DISNEY! :)
- Henry's out of his cast. His arm looks a little funky to me, but apparently its good to go. He won't use it at all though- it hangs limp as he runs aorund.
- I'm on the 3rd book of the Hunger Games and I have to say its a really slowwwww read. Strange since the first 2 books, I flew through. Someone tell me the 3rd one gets better?
Friday, October 14, 2011
(private) leftovers? ;)
This could very well be the most random list of thoughts I've ever blubbered out.