Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ramblings for a Sunday!

Yeah, yeah, this is one of those nonsensical posts where I literally jump from topic to topic, rambling, about one thing or another.
  • My brain has not caught up to the past 7 days, therefore, composing a well thought out blog post is just not going to happen.  A list-fashioned post is about all I can come up with.
  • 3 kids is tough.  Tomorrow, Ryan goes back to work and I'm having anxiety attacks.  Of course, we're low on EVERYTHING so I have to go to the grocery store.  My mom is watching Maeve so I'll just have Henry and Stella, which isn't a big deal.  I just don't feel like grocery shopping... blah.
  • My grandma cooked us a huge Sunday dinner tonight.  She lives about 45 minutes West of us, in the middle of nowhere.  It's like a mini-break from reality to drive through the country and out to her place.  She's got a pool, so the kids swim, which they love of course.  And she cooks amazing meals.  Tonight was crab legs, with yellow rice, shrimp and sausage.  Ummm, can you say "YUM?"
  • Maeve drove with my parents over to my grandmas, and Henry fell asleep in our car on the drive- we were able to turn on music (versus the flipping DVD player...) and actually TALK!  It was really nice; Definitely the highlight of my day.
  • I have a list of "someday's..."  Do you?  For example... SOMEDAY, I'd like to go back to Hawaii.  SOMEDAY, I'd like to own a house with a tin roof.  SOMEDAY, I'd like to learn how to paddle board, kayak and surf.  SOMEDAY, I'd like to finish my degree... etc. etc. etc.
  • Henry gives kisses on the lips now... its too cute.  They're open mouth and they last like 10 seconds.  We think he's been watching "The Little Mermaid" too much ;)
  • My grandma is huge on birthdays- she plans them months in advance.  Today she asked me what I wanted for my birthday... the only thing I could think of that I desperately want, is my hair done.  Cut, colored/highlighted and styled.  She said to set up an appointment with London Looks, an AWESOME salon over on the island.  She also said to throw in a mani and pedi.  You guys have NO idea- NO IDEA how much I am looking forward to this.
  • The other exciting news, is that we had a family meeting last night at dinner to talk about Maeve's birthday plans.  We had talked about going to Disney for the day, but in reality, the girl doesn't ride any rides.  Well, she does like the tea cups- but that's about it.  And we're certainly not paying all that money to ride the tea cups.  Instead, Ryan, myself, mom, dad, Emily and grandma are going to get 2 hotel rooms right in Lake Buena Vista, next to Downtown Disney.  We're going to take the kids to the luau on Saturday night at the Polynesian hotel.  Sunday, we're going to take Maeve to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a princess makeover (there's a salon at Downtown Disney).  I think she's going to have WAY more fun doing that than being tortured on rides at The Magic Kingdom. 
  • I think I forgot to mention this in my birth post, but I just have to brag about my husband for a sec.  When we were moved up into the post partum unit, a few nurses were in there and they asked where they knew Ryan from.  We told them we were from Michigan and they couldn't place where he was from.  Then one of them said, "I KNOW!  You look like that surfer guy!  The one who sings!"  They were talking about the one and only- Jack Johnson... I chimed in, "I'll take that!"  Ryan has been working so hard at getting healthier and he really is doing great.  He's been running every morning for almost a year now, and is becoming conscious of different foods.  He just looks so much healthier-  add in his newly acquired Florida tan, and he's looking pretty good if I do say so myself!  ;)  Now its my turn to jump on the bandwagon!
  • The latest conversation we've had (Ryan and I) is how St. Augustine now feels like home.  And I mean no offense to anyone who lives in Michigan by this- but I cannot imagine ever living there again.  Within the past couple of weeks, things have finally clicked- I think in large part, because of Stella's birth.  For awhile there, I was missing Jackson- wishing I could have the familiarity back.  And while I still miss the people (good friends and family), I do not miss the town or anything in it.  I am in love with our new place- I'll take walking the beach over walking through Jackson crossings any day.  I will always have good, sweet memories of our life up there, but it feels like we belong here... and that feels awesome.  :) 

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You can do it Mama! I imagine your anxiety at being home alone with 3, but know that the hours will pass just as they always have, one after the other, and then hopefully your hubby will be home to rescue you. one step at a time.