Have you noticed how sparse the blog is looking? I've been slacking big time. Strangely enough, I've been choosing to clean the floors or do the laundry versus blogging. Normally its no contest, and I'll put the house stuff off for as long as I can. As of late, I've been liking my house clean(er).
- The weather has been pretty decent. The kids and I have been spending the majority of the day outside and at the park. Henry could live outside- in sleet, rain, snow- whatever- he just loves being outside. Maeve enjoys it too, but is a lot more um, "girly" about it? If its too windy or too chilly, she'll make a stink about it. Like mother like daughter I guess ;)
- Okay someone told me to read the "Twilight" saga. Actually, I should say, the entire world of facebook told me to read the "Twilight" saga. I picked up "Twilight" at Walmart last week- and I have to admit, I was hesitant. I don't really like sci-fi stuff and I'm not a huge fan of romance novels. I'm more of a mystery book kind of person. Needless to say, I was glued to the book and finished it in 4 days. Is it possible to have a crush on a character in a book? I think so. I am in love with Edward. Ahhhhh :)
- I had my 26 week appointment yesterday and have another UTI. I guess its not that big of a deal, I didn't even feel sick when I went in for the appointment. It's just frustrating being on more medication. This particular medication doesn't seem to agree with my stomach so well... anyways, that's my complaint for the day.
- We got Henry's packet in the mail from "Early Start." Funny, the day we got the packet, he waved and said "BYE LOLA!" I took that as a sign that we were jumping the gun on getting any outside help for his speech- at 19 months, I'm okay that he only has 5 words, and not the "standard" 8.
- So, of course I have to document this big news here (even though I've already documented it on facebook ;)- in January, my Aunt Trish told me about a photography contest that a local health center was having. They're opening a new building downtown, and were looking for photos to fill their walls. You were allowed to submit up to 5 images. The judging ended two weeks ago (I think)... and I just got an email this morning, informing me that 4 of my 5 photos made it! What exactly does "made it" mean? I'm not quite sure myself. There are three places- 1st ($1000), 2nd ($500) and 3rd ($200)- she said there would be an article in the Cit Pat over Memorial day weekend announcing the places. There is also a ribbon cutting ceremony that our family was invited to- where the photos will be revealed on the new walls of the building. Pretty cool! I'm not sure what if any place I got or what photos will be in the building, but I'm excited all the same :)
- Maeve has been seeking some major attention lately. She's been doing super naughty things- such as... smearing Vaseline all over the carpets, or unrolling all the toilet paper, or the ultimate- peeing on the floor. Literally standing there, pulling down her undies and peeing on the floor. I have no idea how to discipline this kind of behavior. Any help would be greatly appreciated...