There is a lot to write about.
Overwhelmed is an understatement... but it will be okay. It WILL be okay! :)
- Last Thursday, Ryan interviewed with a big insurance company down in Jacksonville, FL. We basically threw everything we had (financially anyway) into this interview- (as its not cheap flying down to Florida).
- Yesterday (Thursday- which was a week after his interview) I got a call that went something like this:
Ryan: "We got the job."
Me: "Okay. No you didn't. You did. Oh my gosh. HOLY CRAP."
- He is starting June 22nd. We are in Michigan. This job is in Florida. My mind is a wreck right now!
- I am thrilled beyond words about finally- finalllllllly- getting out of this state. If you know me at all, even just a smidgen, you know that I've always longed to live back in Florida. (or really anywhere other than Michigan).
- Surprisingly, I've been very emotional. There are a lot of people here that are like family to me. And thinking about saying goodbye makes me incredibly sad. And then there's this whole pregnancy thing. Yeah... I'm 7 months pregnant, and having to switch doctors... heck- hospitals, states! I am super nervous. I have a very trusting bond with my midwives and OB- I mean, I trust their word like its everything- it will be hard to put my baby and I into someone else's (a strangers) hands. I keep reminding myself that women have babies in bathrooms and out in fields. I am not moving to a 3rd world country here... its Florida- they have fabulous medical care. I will be just fine.
- As soon as I got the word that we'd be pulling out of Jackson, MI on June 16th/17th (still not for sure on the date), I had this urge to purge. I have garbage bags all over my house, filled with things that I am appalled to say that I've kept for so long. For example... I found those stretchy mesh undies they give you after you give birth- a whole stack of them- under my bathroom sink. I've been cleaning and emptying drawers like crazy. And yet, looking around, it doesn't look like I've made a dent.
- This is such an off/odd fact- but something I've been thinking about lately. My mom had Meghan and I in St. Augustine, FL and then moved up to Michigan when she was pregnant with Emily, the 3rd kid in our family. We're in the exact same boat- I had Maeve and Henry here in Michgian, and my 3rd, will be born in Florida. It's like a flip flop or something. I'm taking this as a good sign- :)
- one of the most exciting things for me, about moving to Florida, is the prospect of promoting and starting up a real photography business. I haven't done any real pushing or advertising up here just because Jackson is such a small area and I'm afraid to step on anyone's toes. Unleashing myself (haha :) in St. Augustine, where I know NO ONE (other than my parents:) will be super exciting. I actually just created a fan page on facebook- ashley rita photography -that's listed under JACKSONVILLE, FL ;) If you'd like to "like" me, I'd like that a lot ;)