Sunday, April 24, 2011

23 weeks!

This post is coming about 4 days late... I'm actually closer to 24 weeks, but same difference I guess.

The name of the game is "TIRED." 

I am very thankful that I have a husband who understands how tiring it can be, chasing around  2 kids and growing a 3rd.  On the weekends, I get at least one nap a day :) 

The weather is getting nicer, which means evening walks are in our future.  We've taken a few already, and that familiar feeling of an achy tailbone and hips has come back.  But it feels great to get out and walk!  I have NO idea how some preggos run throughout their entire pregnancy!   I waddle around the neighborhood a couple of times, and I'm good to go... it would be completely hilarious to see me try and run! ;)

The baby is very active, which I love :)   My favorite part of pregnancy (and I know I've said this 1000 times already) is the movement.  I could lie in bed all day and feel all the bumps and kicks.  I love trying to guess what is what, but really- I have no clue. 

The kids (well Maeve, I should say) are definitely noticing my big belly.  She likes to remind me about how big I am. 

This week... the baby is still the size of a papaya.  Apparently after 22 weeks, the baby's size starts to vary from baby to baby... so the papaya is a size reference for weeks 22-25.
And here's ME... (ughh)


The weight has caught up to me.  I am HUGE.  It's kind of strange, because the foods I've been eating aren't super bad or anything- I think I'm just eating a LOT of them.  Yogurt, cheese, turkey & bread, cereal, orange juice, bagels and ice cream- those are pretty much my staples.  I mean, it could be a lot worse- I could be going to McDonalds every day (remember that phase? ;).  My body must be craving calcium or something...

And with that, we're off to Cascades Ice Cream.  :/
PS- one month till I'm in my 3rd trimester!  NUTS!
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

k and j said...

look at that belllllly!!!! ahh! it finally really popped out :) yay! i don't think you look huge at all but that is quite the belly!

you should see mine. omg. griff was 8 pounds, nolan 9 pounds and this one will probably be 10. lol.

my friend squeezed a 2 week late 11 pounder out at HOME. holy.

Catherine said...

You're so cute! I remember the ice cream phase when I was pregnant. I think we had no less than 4 kinds in the fridge at ALL times! Yea running, not happening. Enjoy your walks while you can!