Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm Baaaaack!

GOSH it stinks when the internet is down!!! Especially when you're so close to having a baby! I had about 300000 messages on facebook asking me if I had delivered the babe. How depressing to write back and say "NO I'm still preggo." Anyways, my lack of posting was definitely due to having NO internet. Comcast just came and hooked us back up. I usually try and stay off the computer when Maeve is up and about, but I just HAD to check in- so she's sitting in the high chair with some gold fish and banana... hopefully that will keep her occupied long enough for me to respond to everyone!

I DO have some news on the baby front though- Wed. night I was sitting on the couch and without getting too gross, a giant wet spot (about the size of a tennis ball?) appeared on my underwear. Hmmmm! I was thrilled- totally thinking it was my water. So I called L&D and spoke to a nurse who was less than pleasant. She told me that it most definitely not my water- that if it were my water, I'd have a big gush and be soaking through everything. Okaaayyy... right lady- that's why I've heard a billion stories of LEAKING fluid. At my doctors appointments, my doctor asks, "Have you had any leakage of fluids?" Not "Have you had any gushes of fluids." I took her advice and chucked it out the window... I called my midwife- she said the L&D nurse was full of crap (well she used another word... :) and to get my butt up there. So around 8:30 or so, my dad came over to watch Maeve (who was in bed, thank goodness) and we headed up to L&D.

OF COURSE- having the luck I do, I got the same dumb nurse I had spoken to on the phone. I can't tell you how many times she made it clear to me that it wasn't my water that was leaking. At one point I actually said "Okay- that's fine if its not my water, I just want to make sure because at this point if by chance it IS my water, I am running the risk of infection." That shut her up.

After a TON of poking and prodding (DOWN THERE...) they got a sample of the mystery "fluid" I was leaking. Then they wanted to get a baseline on the baby and my contractions so they hooked me up to the monitors- UGH- I forgot how uncomfortable those things are! An hour later, the evil nurse came back and told me she was right (I think I wanted it to be my water more for the sake of causing her some humility than me even having the baby that night). BUT my contractions were coming 5-6 minutes apart and they needed to keep me and check for change in a couple of hours. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So we settled in for a LONG night. And it was just that- a LONG night. Ryan somehow slept on the chair, I couldn't sleep at all- I kept trying to find comfy positions but every time I'd move the baby would go off the monitor and the alarms would go off. I was kind of stuck in one uncomfy position. Around 2 or so the nurse came back in to check me- she made the conclusion that I had not progressed enough to be considered in labor. Whatever- I didn't even care at that point... I just wanted to go HOME and go to sleeeeep!

Anyways, we're back at home now... turkey is still cookin. I am doing well- someone told me I looked miserable the other day and I snapped back "oh that's funny, I don't feel miserable at all! I'm actually feeling pretty good." And that's the truth- I don't feel miserable at the moment- I have a day that this will be done and we're trying the membrane stripping again on Tuesday... and since it produced such strong contractions for me this past week, I'm holding onto some hope that it might just kick me into labor this week. We'll see. I will keep you updated- pending that my internet doesn't take a dive again...

4 comments:

k and j said...

I had some beastly nurses in the hospital too, pisses me off. I wish that you would have been right about it being your water. He will be here soon!! Can't wait to follow you on Twitter girl!

Sarah said...

You know, I think I got that same nurse this week when I was in there too. Instead of just checking me out she kept saying' well, this and that can cause this and that and its prolly just.." blah blah blah. She even told me that at 36.5 weeks that the baby would have to go to NICU and its not fun to not see your baby for a week after its born, so we need to keep her in there. yeah right. Dr. P told me she is totally good to come out!! Turns out, after she made me drink tons of water, the contractions were STILL five minutes apart, so she was wrong. BUt I just felt like she argued with everything I said. My midwife said she would go in just for a peice of mind even....ya right, not with that nurse!! whatever. So I know how you feel..sucks!!

Unknown said...

sarah- her name was mary- she was awwwwwwwwwwwwwful!

Angie B said...

Oh man that ordeal stinks...prayin it will work this time ;) he will come when he wants i guess :)