Friday, June 12, 2009

my obsession...

GARAGE SALE-ING!!! Really- garage sales are where its at! :) I don't usually look up sales in the paper- I just go to ones that are right on my way to where I'm going. It makes my finds that much more exciting! Plus a month ago or so I decided I was going to garage sale-ing all day and I made this plan to go from house to house all over Jackson county. Needless to say, I came home with nothing and an empty gas tank. So I've stopped trying to map them out- I just stop by sales when I see the signs. This morning, I hit up the best garage sale to date! I was on my way to get some coffee from Tim Hortons and boom- huge garage sale right on Robinson road. It was a house that is also a daycare- LOTS of toys! As soon as we started back to the pole barn (where the sale was at) the giant slide/play cube caught my eye- I was pretty much like a vulture. I quickly sped walked up to it and put Maeve in it (haha talk about claiming your territory!) There were a few other moms looking at it but I seized the deal and shouted over to the seller lady that I wanted to buy it. She quickly put a "sold" sign on it (yessss!) and I was happy as a clam. I told her that there would be no way it could fit in my jeep but Ryan would be by at lunch to pick it up in his truck. No problem :) So around noon, Ryan delivered our $25.00 jungle gym thing :) I power washed it with the hose and cleaned it with some bleach/water. And it is now, as good as new- perfect for Maeve. In fact we spent a wonderful afternoon out in the yard- me sitting and taking pictures, and Maeve climbing in and out of the holes and up and down the slide.

I should mention- I feel a bit funny going to garage sales... I don't know why. I just do- But my dad explained to me that there is a huge difference between being cheap and being thrifty. So I will continue to garage sale it up- in search of more outdoor play toys and books. And try not to feel like I'm being a "cheapie." :)

Here are some pictures of our afternoon (pre-nap)...











2 comments:

The Paulk's said...

Garage Sale-ing is something I've never done, but by the looks of it I probably should. I know you can get great deals and find some treasures for cheap, I'll have to keep my eye out for them more often :)!

Unknown said...

omg I am so into it! I wouldn't buy clothes or bedding or blankets or anything from one but books and toys? HECK YEAH! :)