Monday, April 27, 2009

All the Gory Details... AND Florida :)

because I'm sure you're all dying to know, right??? First off, this pregnancy was a huge, huge, huge surprise. And I'm going to admit this- it took a LONG time for it to sink in and become "okay." I feel like a brat saying that but I am such a planner and this just wasn't in the plans. But a good friend of mine (ANG!!!) reminded me that we don't really control our future or make plans- God does. And its totally true. So with that said, I began adjusting- the first week of the pregnancy everything was going great- but I'm pretty sure I jinxed myself. I was bragging to anyone who would listen (who knew about the pregnancy) that I wasn't sick a bit! AND my boobs didn't even hurt! WOW! This was going to be easy peezy japanease! :) HAHAHAHA. Around week 5 everything, and I mean EVERYTHING hit like a train. Its like someone turned on a switch- nothing sounded good to eat- just water, water, water. My head was constantly pounding, I couldn't get enough sleep- DURING THE DAY- however at night, I was an insomniac... and yes my gigantic boobs have grown even more... I didn't realize that was possible... but yeah they hurt. :( Good ol' pregnancy stuff!

Something that was even more of a bummer, that I just couldn't shake out of my head, was our wonderful FLORIDA trip that had been planned for months and months. All I could picture was me holed away in the hotel room- puking and sleeping. Luckily, my midwife suggested a concoction of B6 & unisom... WHAT A LIFE SAVOR!!!! The unisom is awesome for 2 reasons- it helps me sleep at night AND pretty much knocks out the really bad nausea. In fact, I was able to gain 3 lbs. on vacation- (at this point in my pregnancy with Maeve I was down 10 lbs. due to puking). So yeah, we had a pretty good time- there were definitely moments of "BLAH" but the majority of the time I just tried to stay as busy as possible and out in the sun. I think those two things helped... Not once on vacation did I even gag!!! I did take naps every day with Maeve though :) Let me just make a quick suggestion for you mommies or soon to be mommies out there- do not fly/drive/plan a trip to Universal/Disney if you are pregnant. It is just not that pleasant. Actually the flight down to FL was okay- it was the flight back that almost did me in. And the time we spent at my grandmas and at the hotel in St.Augustine was wonderful and relaxing- but Universal? That's another story. Yes, yes I participated in everything I could possibly get away with at Universal... that means I went on all the spinning stuff, Jaws, Earthquake, ET, the 3D movies, all that junk. I just refused to miss out on it- especially since Maeve was experiencing it all for the first time. Of course I got the okay from Laura (my midwife)- she said I could ride anything that Maeve could. So even though I felt like caca, I went on the spinning fish (One Fish, Two Fish) and the up and down ET ride. YIKES. It actually kind of ruined my day because I was feeling so crappy but I kept pushing it and pushing it and then by the end of the night I was worthless... I could barely keep sprite down at- MARGARITAVILLE, let alone eat a" cheeseburger in paradise." :(
Moving on to my grandmas (Gigi as she is now referred to- Great Grandma)- my grandma is the best! She pampers me like no other! And I was soooooooo milking it! :) I laid by the pool reading and watching Maeve and Ryan swimming and my grandma would make me smoothies, bring out trays of fresh fruit, ahhhh. It was really nice :) After my grandmas, we headed to St.Augustine. We stayed in "our" inn, as we call it- (Ryan and I have stayed there for years and years...) and really had a great time. It was super relaxing and awesome to have Ryan around 24/7. Even though some lunches/dinners had to be eaten at our little table in our hotel room (because sometimes being at restaurants and seeing/smelling other food makes me puke) it was still really nice. One night I was sweating and burning up (not from a fever or anything- I was just HOT) and I was begging Ryan to find me something cold to drink... turns out right behind our little inn was this ice cream/coffee/smoothie shack and it creates the most delicious drinks ever!!! My favorite was the frozen mint lemonade... the lady would pull fresh mint leaves off a bush thing and grind them right up with the lemonade... it was sooooooooooo good! It turned out to be a nightly/morning/afternoon ritual! :) OH how I wish I could have a frozen mint lemonade right now!!!
So yes, all in all, it was a really good time in FL. But I was glad to be home- ready for all the preparation that goes into having a baby... I'm already scoping out the Gymboree baby stuff :)
WELL my ultrasound is tomorrow morning... I will update after that. Hopefully all will look good- and I can FINALLY have a due date!!!

Lovely picture... I know. But there are actually like 40 equally disturbing pictures of me with no makeup, crazy beach hair, drinking my gallon of lemonade. I chose this one because its least hideous (hard to believe). And of course, there are a zillion other pictures from FL but all of you have facebook and have probably looked at them on there...

2 comments:

k and j said...

I think you look darling in that pic! I am so excited to hear the details :)

Becky said...

Aww, I'm so happy for you! Kerith was a HUGE surprise too but God IS in control and He has everything planned out :) It's so exciting and I can't wait to see pictures and hear the details of the pregnancy! Keep me updated! :)